"Soap" with anti-bacterial and skin calming properties for eczema prone hands
The anti-bacterial and skin calming properties of the peony root have been used for centuries in traditional herbal medicine and the natural active, paeoniflorin, is scientifically proven.
We recommend our Healing Body Bar to wash hands, face and body. Handmade in Nelson, 100% natural, suitable for vegans. Anti-bacterial and skin calming. No nasties!
And scientists agree that using soap is better than using hand-sanitizers: Stuff 2/03/2020 "Coronavirus: Forget hand sanitisers - homemade or otherwise - soap and water is better"
Pure Peony Healing Body Bar is a soap designed for eczema prone hands and sensitive skin. Suitable for babies.
"The healing body bar soaps are the only cleansers I have found that dont make me itch. Before I used to wake and find blood on the sheets from scratching while I sleep, now I dont scratch at all. It is such a relief not to itch plus my skin is improving" - Annette
Does not contain any of the common irritants or allergens used in other soaps and body wash, namely:
- No Fragrances. Even natural ones can irritate sensitive skin.
- No Parabens. A preservative that disrupts the function of hormones naturally found in your body.
- No Sodium Laureth Sulfate (SLES). Sulfates strip the skin of its natural oils and increase penetration of the skin’s surface. They are also irritants for people with sensitive skin or eczema.
- No Sodium Lauryl Sulfate (SLS). SLS bonds with other common soap ingredients, resulting in a carcinogenic nitrosamine, causing skin irritation and allergic reactions.
- No Methylisothiazolinone & Methylchloroisothiazolinone. Preservatives that are a strong allergen. Allergy to methylisothiazolinone is extremely common and more extensive and can cause severe whole-body contact dermatitis.
- No Cocamidopropyl betaine. Synthetic fatty acid that can cause allergic reaction - tightness, redness, or itchiness, blisters or sores.
- No Triclosan. This chemical is most often found in antibacterial soap. Triclosan actually promotes the emergence and growth of bacteria resistant to antibiotic cleansers. It also creates dioxin, a carcinoge.